How is it possible that it is August 1st already?? ALSO my 27th birthday! 🙂 Although I am a little sad I will never get to experience a “golden birthday”, its kinda nice to be able to start out a new month with a birthday. SO in light of today being my birthday and my about page being on the unfinished side (I’m working on it, I promise), I thought I would do a little about me questionnaire! Hope you enjoy!
1.What is your middle name? Marie – like a lot of almost 30 year olds!
2. Are you a morning or a night person? Definitely not a morning person (unless something exciting is going on that day) but I have been known to go to bed at 8:30 pm to make sure I get my full 8 hours of sleep.
3. Favorite song right now? This is a hard one. I think I would have to say it is One Number Away by Luke Combs. Every time I hear it, it is a jam session.
4. What is your spirit animal? The sloth for sure. And I embrace it of course!
5. Favorite tv show growing up? I would have to say Charmed for sure. I have probably seen every episode at least twice. The last season I have watched too many times to count!
6. Do you have any pets? We have two actually! They make a regular appearance here on the good ol’ blog but we have Bruce (tuxedo kitty) and Mya (mix of some type pup).
7. Favorite color? Probably purple or teal (as my closet tells me).
8. Have you ever been out of the country? I have only been to Mexico. I have been to Juarez (1x), Puerto Vallarta (2x), Cancun (2x) and Mazatlan.
9. What is your eye color? Contrary to popular belief, my eyes are green. Although I will say that if I wear something blue, they do look blue.
10. Are you married? You betcha! (#sorrynotsorry, #mnlife) I met Bill in 2009, we got engaged in 2014 and we got married in 2015.
11. How many times have you moved? This question is a little hard to answer since I stopped counting in, oh I dont know 2014. BUT in 2013 Bill and I made the move from North Dakota to Colorado. We were there for a little over a year where we moved back to Minnesota. After a little over a year of renting, we made the big move and bought our first house!
12. How many siblings do you have? Short answer? I have one full brother, 3 half brothers and one step sister.
13. Do you speak any other languages? I wish! I can speak a little bit of Spanish. Enough to ask where the bathroom is and to say please and thank you. I wish I knew more!
14. Do you have any bad habits? Oh boy, if you’d ask my husband I bet he would have a whole list for you (I kid). But yes I do. I pick at my nails and I also leave a lot of stuff laying around the house. I am working on it!
15. Favorite movie? Oh man, this is a tough one. The older movie that gets me every time is Save the Last Dance. Although How to Train Your Dragon is also a very good one!
16. Are you a messy person or a clean person? see #14, I can be pretty messy actually. BUT I will say that once I get in the groove, I can clean like a mad woman!
17. Name one thing you miss about being a kid? Being carefree and really not caring what people think.
18. Name one thing you love about being an adult? Having a little family of my own to come home to.
19. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be? Australia hands down. I know a lot of things that can kill you live there, but I’d risk it anyway!
20. Can you cook? Ha this one depends on who you ask but I do all of the cooking at home so I would say yes! I wish I used more fresh herbs before they went bad. Working on that one as well.
21. What is one thing you wish you were better at? Communication. I won’t lie, I can be that person that doesn’t call but gets mad that you don’t call. I also have a hard time verbalizing my feelings. I guess you could say that is why blogging and writing things down is just a little easier for me than speaking them.
22. Sweet or salty? 100% salt all the way.
23. Favorite food? This one is also hard but I would have to say mac and cheese. It gets me every.single.time.
24. Do you talk to yourself? Actually I do quite often. I externalize a lot of things and it really helps me to process things and make a decision.
25. What do you do for work? Right now I work for the Section 8/Housing Choice Voucher program in MN but am changing jobs very soon!
26. Favorite restaurant? I would have to say HuHot Mongolian Grill. It is sooooo good and we don’t have any where we live right now so every time I get the chance to go, I do and enjoy every second of it!
27. What are you most excited about for the next year? I would have to say changing jobs is probably at the top. I am looking forward to a little change. As well as getting some much needed house projects done! 🙂
And there you have it, 27 facts about muah! Hope you are having a great day!
Your turn! Choose one and tell me about you!