Is Daylight Savings kicking your butt as much as it is kicking mine?!
I am a person who loves my sleep. 10 hours is like perfection in my book. Now I don’t get that much too often but it is amazing on the nights that I can get that much sleep!
Since I haven’t posted since last week, I thought I would get a little random today. Thanks Amanda!
1. I got my hair done last Friday after a long 5 months. I went back to the same person I went to back in September (which I normally don’t do) and was really pleased with the results. Here is a fashionable picture…
It’s hard to tell but I got my blonde lightened up and added some more darkness. We do a mixture of brown, red and violet for the darker areas. Some places are more violet than others but I love it.
I also decided to try out another recipe. I will be sharing my thoughts and where I got it from tomorrow! Since I try to do new/more in depth recipes on Friday’s I might start doing that…thoughts?!
2. This past weekend we headed about 30 minutes into WI to visit one of my best friends. She recently moved out there so we thought we would go and check it out! We starting with some pool and drinks, transferred to dinner (which included pulled pork sandwiches, home made mac and cheese and home made potato salad – delish) and then out for some drinks. We ended up staying pretty late and our “cab” driver getting “lost”. It was definitely an interesting but fun night!
3. Sunday we headed to Bill’s parents house to celebrate his mom’s birthday a day early. We had some awesome dinner and then headed home for an early bedtime (thanks daylight savings time!).
4. I also made another batch of home made mac and cheese. On Saturday I made it with gluten free noodles (my friend has Celiac disease) but this time I made it with regular noodles and a little more spices. It is such an easy and delicious recipe! Find it here!
You start with cooking the noodles IN THE MILK. Who wouldv’e thunk?! Then add some freshly grated cheese. I used 1/2 mild cheddar and 1/2 mozzarella. Oh and some spices. I did a combo of garlic, onion, dry mustard, salt and pepper. Next time a little dash of cayenne will be good!
5. This weekend we are getting together with some other friends as our friend Toby has birthday his this weekend. Also, St. Patty’s happens to be on Friday. Not quite sure what we are doing yet, but I’m sure it will be a good time!
6. I have been on a “wanting to organize” kick lately…I just haven’t gotten around to the actual organizing yet ha! We had some spring like weather here in Minnesota so I have a feeling that has something to do with it. It snowed this last Sunday so that was a good jolt back to reality. This weekend is supposed to get up into the 50s….so fingers crossed the white stuff disappears! 🙂
That’s about it for now! Hope you have a fantastic weekend! Remember to check back tomorrow for a recipe review!