I LOVE my sleep so when it comes to eating something in the morning, I want something quick and easy. So I recently came across this post from Paleomg.com from a quick breakfast idea: Sausage Egg Cups. So after discovering some pretty delicious sausage from Johnsonville, I decided that I should try it out. And boy are they delicious! So instead of me sitting here and explaining them to you, let me just give you the recipe.
Chorizo Breakfast Muffin
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 35 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2-3 sausage links, cooked and chopped up
- 6 eggs, whisked
- 2 egg whites, whisked
- 8 grape tomatoes, chopped up
- 1/4 cup of white onion, chopped up
- 1/4 cup of cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp of garlic, minced
- dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook sausage thoroughly to 165 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage, eggs, tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk until well combined.
- Laddle mixture into 9-11 muffin tins. I used liners like you would for cupcakes or regular muffins but if you dont want to use those, the recipe says to grease REALLY WELL so that the muffins actually come out of the pan.