Is it 2015 already? Holy schmoley! I can not believe how fast this past year has gone.
I can honestly say that this past year was one of the hardest in my life. Even though during the hard times I hated 2014, I can say that I am thankful for it. It helped change my views on certain things in life and I also had some great things happen as well.
Like getting engaged to my best friend! After being together for 5 years, you really get to know people. I can honestly say that this year will be great!
I would have to say that instead of doing a product or store for my Friday Favorites this wee, I will be doing my favorite moment. That would be the weekend of our engagement. We decided that Friday that we were going to go camping in the middle of a national forest with no real direction. We saddled up, grabbed our stuff and headed out to Steamboat Springs. When we got there, the place was absolutely gorgeous! After arriving into town we knew we had little amount of time until it got dark so we had to hurry and find a camping spot. Now if you do not know, where we went camping there was no designated areas for camping. It pretty much was find an opening and claim it! So after quite some driving, we found a place back into the woods, just off of the main road. We set up our tent and got a fire going. Let me tell you, the blankets I had DID NOT help with the immense cold that we experienced! The next day we went down into town for some breakfast and walking around. Then we decided to hit up some hot springs. If you have never been to one, I highly suggest it. The water went from cold to super hot and the nature around you is just magnificent. After that we headed back to the campsite where we roasted some brats on our grill, enjoyed the very large moon (it was 33% bigger than normal and lit up or whole campsite) and that’s when Bill proposed. It was perfect. That is until some type of animal decided that it was time to freak us out, TWICE and then run away. All in all it was a perfect weekend.
Now onto 2015.
Yesterday Bill and I talked to each other about our New Years Resolutions. Now I usually set them and looking back, I couldn’t tell you what they actually were (damn memory!). So this year I have decided to write them down in hopes of accomplishing (and remembering) them.
1. Be better with Bruce. This includes playing with him, cleaning up after him, refilling his water more often so it isn’t so “stale” <– in quotations because cats seem to like only fresh water
2. Blog more regularly. This blog was something that I thought of a year ago and finally got around to making later in the year. I want to change the layout when I find one that I actually like and keep my posts going.
3. Try and decide if I want to compete in a figure competition. Some of you may know this but most dont. I have thought about competing in a figure/bikini competition for years now. Just the strength and determination these people have is amazing. After following Mama Laughlin’s blog about her journey and the things that she went through, it motivated me even more.
4. Make better decisions when eating and drinking. I love me some beer and fried food. But this year I want to make better decisions about this by really looking at what I am eating and how it is fuel for my body
5. Stay consistent with weight lifting. I am not athletic at all but the one thing I think I am good at is lifting weights. I think its because of the strength I see my self gain and watching my muscles grow.
6. Project 365. You can look this up and find tons of different way to do this project. I heard about it for the first time 2 years ago and ever since then I have wanted to participate. So this year, I am! I may be doing a weekly round up of pictures on here but am not sure yet. You can find out more about it here: http://365project.org/
7. BECOME MRS. ASHLEY ADAM 🙂
So those are my New Years Resolutions.
What are yours?
Do you make any resolutions?